Welcome to CCLD!
The Colorado Council for Learning Disabilities (CCLD) is affiliated with The Council for Learning Disabilities (CLD). Our Web site provides resources to support a collaborative effort between general education, special education, families and related professionals. Our goal is to enhance learning for individuals with learning disabilities as well as ALL struggling learners through the use of evidenced-based practices.
The Council for Learning Disabilities (CLD) is an international organization that promotes evidence-based teaching, collaboration, research, leadership, and advocacy. CLD is comprised of professionals who represent diverse disciplines and are committed to enhancing the education and quality of life for individuals with learning disabilities and others who experience challenges in learning.
What does CCLD do in Colorado?
CCLD plays an important part in the support, design, and development of several state-wide professional-development opportunities.
- Math on the "Planes"
®provides ongoing professional development for district and building level intervention teams. The Colorado Academic Standards and current research on student thinking/problem solving is the foundation for offerings about assessment and evidenced-based instructional strategies for struggling mathematics learners. Members receive discounted registration.
- Courage to Risk focuses on how special and general education teachers can provide opportunities for success for students with disabilities.
- Reading in the Rockies CCLD members receive a discounted registration for this conference.
CCLD Award Recognition
The CCLD Board is always looking for members to become active participants.
Click here if you are interested in becoming a board member.
- President's Message
- Opportunities for
- Math on the “Planes”
- CDE Liason and Links
- Math on the “Planes”
Math Interventionist Certificate
- 2013 International CLD Conference, Austin, TX -
Oct 24-25, 2013
- Courage to Risk - Feb 2014
- Reading in the Rockies,
Oct 11-12, 2013
- NCTM Annual Conference, Denver, CO - April 17-20, 2013
- CLD Webinar: "Self-Determination: Transition Planning and Strategies to Increase Student Success"
May 8, 2013
- IDA-RMB Summer Resource Fair
May 4, 2013