The Colorado Council for Learning Disabilities (CCLD) is the local affiliate for the Council for Learning Disabilities (CLD). CCLD promotes the goals of the Council for Learning Disabilities in its efforts to build a better future for students with learning disabilities and other struggling learners.
What does CCLD do in Colorado?CCLD plays an important part in the Support, design and development of several state-wide professional-development opportunities.
- Math on the "Planes"
®provides ongoing professional development for district and building level intervention teams. The Colorado Academic Standards and current research on student thinking/problem solving is the foundation for offerings about assessment and evidenced-based instructional strategies for struggling mathematics learners. Members receive discounted registration.
- Courage to Risk focuses on how special and general education teachers can provide opportunities for success for students with disabilities.
- Reading in the Rockies CCLD members receive a discounted registration for this conference.
Membership BenefitsCCLD Membership provides a number of important benefits including:
- Award Recognition: CCLD members are eligible for state and national award recognition.
- Networking Opportunities: CCLD members receive peer support and have an opportunity to communicate with professionals throughout the country at regional and national conferences.
- Reduced Registration Fees: CCLD members receive discounts to local and national conferences.
- Publications: CCLD publishes a newsletter for members three times a year with current information about special education issues and activities in Colorado and the nation. CLD journals include Learning Disability Quarterly and Intervention in School and Clinic. LD Forum, the CLD newsletter, is also included.
- Web site: CCLD members can access resources and be linked to what is happening in Colorado and nationally.
- Research Grants: CCLD funds classroom research on evidenced-based instructional practices that close the achievement gap for students with learning disabilities and other struggling learners.
- Scholarships: CCLD awards scholarships to teacher candidates.
- Great Incentives: All new and renewing members will be eligible for two monthly drawings. Each month CLD and CCLD both hold a drawing for an Amazon gift card.